Dental bonding involves a dentist applying a tooth-colored, special resin to a tooth that needs fixing. It is used to hide defects and abnormalities on a tooth or simply to improve the way it looks. This treatment can also help with oral problems like tooth decay. To answer the question posed in the title, dental bonding is not a permanent procedure. It does not require the removal of enamel, and the patient is free to explore other options later down the road if they choose to do so. Restorations made with dental bonding can last up to five years with good oral hygiene. Issues dental bonding can fix:
- Chipped teeth: A composite resin can be applied to a chipped tooth and cover the chip
- Discolored teeth: Dental bonding can be used to hide stains that won't come out with teeth whitening treatments. It is a cheaper alternative than other options like crowns or veneers
- Small teeth: A composite resin can be applied around the edge of a patient's teeth to make them appear larger than they are
- Gaps: Dentists use a composite resin to feel gaps in between teeth. They place the putty-like material into the hole to close it
- Short teeth: Dental bonding can be added to the biting surfaces of a person's tooth to make them appear longer
The composite resin used for dental bonding is the same type used by dentists for tooth-colored fillings. These are usually preferred over silver amalgam fillings since they are a lot harder to detect when the person opens their mouth. The composite blends in with the patient's real teeth, making them nearly impossible to detect.
Why you should consider dental bonding
Dental bonding is affordable, and it can be used to address several oral issues. It does not require any permanent changes to the patient's real teeth, so they are free to explore other options later on. Some people use dental bonding as a temporary solution while they save up for more permanent solutions like a crown or veneers. The process is not painful, and anesthetics are not necessary. The procedure is simple, fast and very safe. Also, most dentists have lots of experience when it comes to dental bonding. The benefits of dental bonding include:
- No permanent changes
- Affordable solution
- Versatile solution
- Does not require special maintenance
- Masks a variety of oral issues
- Can be replaced with other solutions later on
- A painless procedure that usually does not require the use of an anesthetic
Get your teeth restored
At Unique Dental Care, we regularly restore our patients' teeth with dental bonding and other treatments. If you are not pleased with the way one or more of your teeth look, stop by our clinic and find out how we can help you eliminate them. With dental bonding, the perfect smile you want is only a dental visit away.
Call or stop by today…
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Dental restoration treatments can be used to replace missing teeth. Missing teeth creates gaps in a person's smile. This can lead to a loss of confidence.Missing teeth also leave you vulnerable to various dental issues. …
Thinking you are in need of emergency dentistry and the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease is forcing you to stay home? Many people who are in need of dental care wonder what they need to do, as …
Cosmetic dentistry is a special field that focuses on improving the appearance of the teeth. Additionally, cosmetic dentists work to enhance the teeth's form and function, which often gets overlooked. A common problem that often …
Health care professionals everywhere are mindful of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). This includes dentists. Dental professionals must watch out for their patients’ welfare during this challenging time. If you have an emergency procedure at your dentist’s …